First of all, Merry Christmas!
In my free time, I have been working on a lightning node using LDK, which I’ve named Lampo (Italian for lightning), for more than 1.5 years.
The initial draft was developed as a toy lightning node to support lnprototest  for LDK. During its development, I realized I was nearing the completion of a small, self-contained SDK for building a lightning node with LDK. So, in March, I decided to take a shot at implementing a full node using the Lampo SDK.
I have currently supported the first basic commands listed in the following part of the code  (admittedly, it’s not ideal, but a help command is on the way), and things seem to be working. I am also close to having integration tests between c-lightning (cln) and Lampo, in addition to including lnprototest protocol tests.
Hoping to attract users and contributors, I am excited to release the first public beta version v23.12 today and begin receiving initial feedback on features most desired by the community. However, I cannot promise that I will implement them all—though patches are certainly welcome, of course.