Mailing list mode

I’ve turned off the “disable mailing list mode” switch. Not super convinced that’s a good idea: subscribing to tags or categories seems like a better bet in general, and most of the comments I’ve seen about it seem negative, eg Completely disable mailing list mode? - feature - Discourse Meta

Anyway, if you want to try it out, go to your preferences (favicon in the top right, head-and-shoulders icons down the side; preferences; email tab).

Is it possible to enable replies to emails received from mailing list mode? I’m noticing the emails I receive come from noreply@delvingbtc.erisian.com.au. I feel like being able to reply to the emails would allow users who prefer the old-style ML experience to continue interacting with the bitcoin dev community they way they’re used to.

subscribing to tags or categories seems like a better bet in general, and most of the comments I’ve seen about it seem negative,

You can use traditional email filters to have posts from diff sections/tags go into diff labels, then manage it from there.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.39.04 PM

I personally exclusively use the mailing list mode to keep up with everything on the forum.

Are you saying you are able to reply to forum posts in a reply-to email, directly from your email client, without logging into the delvingbitcoin site? If so, how?

No I can’t reply. No one can until AJ turns on the feature.

By “keep up”, I meant using email to read new replies/threads. Until the write mode is turned on, no one can use the full mailing list mode.

Ah cool, but you’re saying replies to emails is a feature that could be enabled? Because I think we should do that :slight_smile: